Adult: $180 USD
Child (ages 7-13): $120 USD
Party of 3: $ 171 USD/person
Party of 4: $ 165 USD/person
Experiences available tuesday to Saturday. pLEASE CHECK AVAILABILITY DIRECTLY BY CLICKING ON “BOOK NOW”.
Your adventure in Mexican cuisine starts at 10:00 am and ends at 4:30 pm.
Invite a friend to lunch.
In case you want to invite a friend over for lunch after your class at Casa Jacaranda, let us know in advance and reserve their spot on the tables when you book your experience. You will cook for them, and then they can enjoy a delicious Mexican meal with you & the group. invitations are subject to availability, as there is a maximum of two guests for lunch on each class. cost: $40 USD /GUest
Gift a Casa Jacaranda Experience to a loved one.
+ Are classes in English?
Because we entertain many visitors from around the world, our experiences are generally in English. However, with advance notice, Spanish-language sessions are available.
+ Can you accommodate my special dietary restrictions or needs?
If you have food allergies or other restrictions, please mention these in the space provided when you reserve. Happily, traditional Mexican cooking is especially varied and naturally gluten free.
+ What is the class size?
In general, classes are limited to six or eight participants. For private events we can accommodate up to 25. For groups larger than eight, please inquire at email@example.com.
+ Are private experiences available? How do I book a private experience?
Private experiences are available starting at 1-2 participants, USD $550. To book a private experience or to inquire about prices for more participants, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note private experiences are subject to availability, which may be limited.
+ When should I book my class?
We recommend reserving as soon as you have your travel dates. Classes are only 6-8 people, so availability may be limited.
+ How do I book a class?
Simply click the “Book Now” button above. If you wish to book for a group larger than eight, please email us at email@example.com.
+ What do classes cost?
See our prices section for updated experience pricing.
+ Do you accept credit cards?
Visa, MasterCard and Amex.
+ Do we need to provide any of the equipment for the day?
Everything you need for the experience will be provided.
+ Are there any extra food costs?
The standard price includes ingredients, the market tour, the cooking session and drinks. There is a small fee for extra guests at lunch (if any) whom you book with your experience reservation. Maximum two guests per lunch.
+ What are the terms for booking an experience?
- Full payment by credit card is required to confirm your reservation.
- We recommend using our online payment system. With confirmed payment, we will forward information on the meeting point and experience location.
+ What is the cancellation policy?
- 15 days or more prior to the class, the fee is 100% refundable less a $30 cancellation fee per person booked.
- 15 days or less prior to the class, the fee is non-refundable. However, you may reschedule your class or transfer your class to another person within 6 months after the date of the class. If no reschedule occurs during this period, the credit is canceled.
- After the date of the class, the fee is non-refundable and no rescheduling is allowed.
+ What do we prepare in class?
- We provide example menus, but due to our commitment to local-sourcing and seasonality, the final menu is chosen on the day of the class—and therefore cannot be provided in advance. Trust us, you’ll love what we’ll make together!!
- We prepare a four-course meal, including appetizers, one or two salsa recipes and a main-course. We make fruit juice as well as tequila or mezcal aperitifs. Mexican wine from esteemed wineries accompany lunch. We wrap with a fresh, seasonal dessert.
+ Can a friend or family member just come to eat?
Your friends and family are welcome to join us for the meal at the end of the class for a small additional cost. Please be sure to purchase their ticket to join you for lunch when you book your experience. We have a limit of 2 guests per class. A class participant cannot have more than 1 guest. Please review our Prices section above for the updated price.
+ Can children participate in the classes?
Children between 7 and 13 are more than welcome in our classes, but must be accompanied by a paying adult. To organize a group of children, please review our events page.
+ Will I be able to make the recipes at home?
Of course! We will always send the recipes by email after the class.
+ Do you provide accommodation?
No, we do not have accommodations available in the house, however our downstairs neighbors at Ignacia Guest House offer five of the most beautifully appointed suites anywhere in the city, and did we mention that Casa Jacaranda designed their breakfast menu?
+ Can we use Casa Jacaranda for photo and video shoots?
Yes, of course, but we ask that you let us know in advance so that we can quote you for that separately and subsequently extend you a permission in writing. Your experience ticket may not be used to produce content (branded or otherwise) for commercial or promotional purposes.